- Bring the rice, salt, lemon zest, sugar and water to a boil in a medium-sized stock pot.
- Boil for 3 minutes, add the milk and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, increasing the frequency during the last 10 minutes to prevent scorching.
- Stir in the chopped blanched almonds.
- Let the rice cool and then chill for several hours or overnight.
- Beat the cream until it starts to thicken.
- Add the sugar, vanilla bean paste and almond extract and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Be careful not to over-beat.
Serve Zeeba Tiny Mogra Basmati Rice Pudding at room temperature with the warm cherry sauce.