Skip to the content
- Sugar 2 Tsp
- Onion 1
- Turmeric 1 Tsp
- Fresh chive 1 Cup
- Cloves garlic 4
- Salt & pepper
- Stewing meat 1 Lb.
- Leeks, chopped 2 Cups
- Fresh fenugreek 1 Cup
- Dried Persian limes 4
- Fresh parsley, packed 5 Cups
- Fresh cilantro, packed 3 Cups
- Kidney beans, dried – soaked overnight 1/3 Cup
- Small dice onion and mince garlic. Sauté in oil until translucent. Add turmeric and stir well.
- Cut meat in cubes and add to onion. Season with salt, pepper and allow to brown on all side.
- Place meat in the slow cooker pot.
- Add soaked beans. Make a couple of holes in dried limes with a fork, then add to the pot.
- Add some oil to same in which meat and onion was cooking. Sauté leeks for a couple of minutes. It is suggested not to skip herb sautéing part.
- Add herbs to the pot.
- Add two cups of water to the pot where the herbs were sautéed in and scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add the water to the slow cooker pot, cover and cook on high for 8 hours. Adjust seasoning as needed before serving.
- Boil 200 gms of Zeeba Basmati Rice, drain starch out for white rice.
- For yellow rice add bit of turmeric to boiled rice for color and drain water out.
- Serve hot with Ghorme Sabzi.