Skip to the content
- Salt 1 Teaspoon
- Water 2 Cups
- Vegetable oil 3 Tablespoons
- Zeeba basmati rice 1 Cup
- Mint leave for garnishing 1
- Frozen baby peas, or fresh peas blanched 3 minutes in boiling water 1 Cup
- Heat oil in medium heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Boil for 3 minutes, add the milk and return to a boil.
- Add salt to rice and stir constantly while cooking for about 5 minutes until it begins to color.
- Add water, stir, cover, and cook over lowest possible heat 20-25 minutes until rice is almost done.
- Stir in the peas, turn off the heat, and let it sit covered for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, add mint leaf for garnishing and serve with cucumber, onion raita.